On this article I will share some important things that you need to know before getting eyelash extensions. So lets start talking about Eyelash Extensions!
These are very different from temporary strip or individual lashes. Eyelashes London are applied by hand one lash at a time and can last for four to six weeks providing they are properly cared for.
They often require maintenance every two to four weeks to keep them looking full, due to the natural shedding of your own lashes.
Getting Lash Extensions Done
Once you make the decision to have eyelash extensions its time to think about the look you want to achieve. Starting with the density this means having more lashes applied will create a fuller look.
At Agnes dos Santos you can get the best Lashes in London
Then there is the type of curl, the steeper the slop the more dramatic the effect, your professional lash technician will usually make this decision as they will know what type of curl will best suit your eye shape and size.
Finally, lashes come in various lengths and your Urban Spa technician will apply them in length order to create the style you wish to achieve.
If is possible it is usually very helpful if you have pictures to hand of the style of lashes you like the look of, but it is important to remember that the eyelash technician knows exactly what style will suit your eye shape, so don’t be offended if they disagree.
A good lash technician should give you’re their honest opinion on what style of lashes will enhance your eyes.
Lash Extensions, Important Things to Know
It is important to be aware that when your lashes are on that doesn’t mean you are ready to show them off. Technicians will tell you not to sweat, cry, swim or wash your face for at least 12 hours after getting extensions to give the glue a chance to dry. Semi-permanent lashes can be expensive and time-consuming to maintain.
As with anything if you want a great set of lashes and an amazing service you need to be prepared to pay for them and have plenty of time to spare as it can take up to two hours for the initial lash application.
Plus, it’s important to remember that because your lashes grow and naturally fall out on a daily basis, so will your lash extensions. This means if you want to keep them for longer than just for a special occasion then be prepared to book in for regular lash maintenance “eyelash infills“.
Lashes Extensions and Make-up
It’s likely that you will feel less of a need to wear lots of eye make-up. Many clients love semi-permanent lashes because it makes them feel photo-ready from the moment they wake up.
But if you’re an eyeliner addict you’re going to find it very difficult to apply and remove your eyeliner so it is often easier not the bother with eye make-up all together, and you’ll probably find you won’t feel like you need it.
If you do choose to wear eye make-up be sure to use oil-free pads and gently wipe downward to take your make-up off.
Lash Extensions, How to Look After?
You may be brand new to lashes, or perhaps you are a lash regular. However, we think it’s important that regardless of how familiar you are, that you have all the right information to help you take care of your lashes.
Lash extensions are delicate things and do need a little TLC to ensure that they last well. The answer to ‘How long will they last?’ is hugely variable – it mostly comes down to you and what you do (and don’t do) to them.
These are the 3 Reasons on Why Look After Yout Lash Extensions
1- Your lash health.
If you regularly do bad things to them as listed below, it can compromise your lash health and slow down the growth of new lashes. Your lids can become itchy from the buildup of dead skin if they are not cleaned regularly.
2 – They will look better for longer.
Eyelash extensions that have been coated in mascara, oily makeup and strip lashes don’t look that great.
3- Extensions need maintenance.
If you look after your lashes and retain them well, you won’t need to come in as frequently or for extended infill appointments, which will save you money. Our infills are charged based on the amount of lashes that we have to replace each time.
Lash Extensions, The DO and DO NOT
- Try not to touch them much, particularly during the first few hours. The more you touch them, the more oils from your fingers get on them, the more strain on the lash root etc.
- Keep them as dry as possible for at least 24-36 hours. This means, it’s ideal if don’t wash your hair during this time. However, if you need to, use only lukewarm water, and keep water off your eyes. This also includes avoiding steamy environments, very hot showers, spas, saunas etc. for 24 hours as a minimum. If it’s a very hot and humid day, try to stay out of the heat. All of this will allow the adhesive to cure as strongly as possible.
- After the 24 hour mark, they are technically waterproof, however, if you are swimming or sitting in a hot spa daily, they probably won’t last quite as long as if you didn’t, more from rubbing them when water gets in your eyes.
- If you have a very oily face, try to control this as much as possible with blotting papers, mattifying lotions etc. and by using oil-control moisturizer.
- Make sure you are using oil-free products on your face, particularly eye makeup removers and cleansers. We recommend LASH GAME Foaming Cleanser.
- Clean them properly, at least a few times a week with a foaming lash cleanser. Baby shampoo (not the conditioning type) in very small amounts is ok too.
- Let us know before your infill if you think you will need more time because you have lost more lashes than expected, or want to upgrade to a thicker set/more lashes.
- Let us know if you have any concerns or questions – we’re always happy to help!
- Do not play with or pick at your lashes, rub your eyes roughly. If you are a picker, it can really damage your natural lashes
- Do not use oily products on your eyes or face
- Do not use waterproof or oil based mascara or eyeliner (felt tip/pen-style liquid liner is usually fine, or we stock a range of suitable makeup items)
- Do not use any mascara if you can help it
- Do not use baby wipes/makeup wipes/cotton pads to wipe makeup off them
- Do not try to remove them yourself – as it may damage your natural lashes. We can remove them for you if you wish
- Do not use cleansing oils, coconut oil etc. on your face if you want the lashes to last
- Do not put strip lashes on top of them unless you are prepared to lose a few of your own lashes when you try to take them off.
- Do not try to light a cigarette on your toaster or stove-top (good life advice generally – but will also stop your lashes getting singed and frazzled on the ends!)
Hope you did enjoy reading this articles about “Before Getting Lash Extensions Read This”. If you’d like to book a free lash consultation at Agnes dos Santos lash expects salon in London (Click on link for more information). See you in a next article.